St. Cecelia’s CCE

A very successful branch of Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann operated in the parish throughout the 1990s under the chairmanship of John Hehir (Lack School, 1957). It organised music classes, music sessions, concerts and céilí in the area. A number of its members, including residents from the school catchment area, won All-Ireland medals in the various competitions throughout this period.